Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Venue for Firehouse DJ & Karaoke Service The Barn in Candor NY

First time at this venue in Candor. The building is a 150 year old barn that has been converted for use as a banquet hall. The weather was cold for late May but in Upstate NY you never know what to expect. The building was beautiful inside but it was freezing in there because you see through the cracks in the barn boards. The owner of the barn supplied 4 propane patio heaters and once the building was full of people it warmed up. The building itself is 3 floors inculding Basement that has a full kitchen,ice machine and storage rooms 1st floor with seating for about 70, 2 bathrooms, a bar area and has a ceiling height of about 30 feet 2nd floor loft that is above the 1st floor bathrooms and bar area with seating for about 50 that overlooks the main floor Load in was quite a challange because I had to K turn my trailer about 4 times on the lawn to get the ramp set on sidewalk and the 4 foot door to enter the building was a pain to control due to the wind blowing it closed and I could not prop it open because the wind was blowing all the favors and table clothes off the tables. Load out was even worse because I did not want to try and line up with the sidewalk again so I rolled everything down the sidewalk ( about 200' total) to the parking lot and into my trailer. All in all it was the reception was a great success and a pretty cool place to play in but I know if I go back there again I will add on additional cost for the load in and the distance from my office. Here is the link to The Barns website www.thebarnparty.com check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for posting to my Blog please check back often for updates on our future events